When planning our wedding we thought about what to serve for dessert, besides cake! Naturally, why not serve my favorite thing ever (donuts!) and better yet, serve them on the dance floor!! Dancing with donuts, yes please! But for those trying to keep their hands clean, these adorable donut bags were a perfect way to take some back to the hotel on the shuttle.
Chocolate Baked Donuts
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup + 3 Tablespoons buttermilk
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
for the glaze:
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 6 regular size donut pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, mix together buttermilk, egg, vanilla and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Place the batter in a piping bag and cut off a corner with scissors. Pipe out the batter evenly among donut cups in your pan.
- Bake donuts in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool donuts in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, place chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl. Pour heavy cream into heat-proof measuring cup or bowl and heat up in the microwave in 20 second increments just until hot, but not boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Do not stir. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Dip donuts in glaze and set back on cooling rack. Decorate with rainbow sprinkles while the glaze is still wet!