Did you know that portobello mushrooms have a steak-like taste? That is why you can chop them up and make fajitas out of them! The perfect vegetarian, clean-eating, easy and elegant entertaining food!
10 potobello mushrooms
1 green bell pepper and 6 mini hot peppers
1 tablespoon taco seasoning (see below)
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 corn tortillas
Taco seasoning, or make your own with ingredients below:
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon. oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon. paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Trim stems of mushrooms, wipe tops clean. Cut into about 1/3 inch thick slices
- Thinly slice peppers and onion
- Combine taco seasoning ingredients in a bowl
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, peppers and onions. Cook about 2 minutes
- Add mushrooms and taco seasoning.
- Stirring occasionally, cook another 7-8 minutes or until softened. Add lime juice, season with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Spoon the fajita mixture into the center of tortillas, and serve with toppings of choice (avocado, sour cream, cheese!).