There’s no better season for baking than fall. Between apples and pumpkins, you’ve pretty much got dessert all figured out for three months straight. I always turn to this recipe when I see the leaves start to change color, and I’m ready to dive head-on into a fall frenzy.
1 (15.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin puree
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the spice cake mix and pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes until set. Let cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar and maple syrup.
- Drizzle over the cookies. Serve.