Pasta. Ranch. Cheese. Bacon. What’s not to love? This hearty pasta bake comes together quickly and will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Add as much or as little hot sauce as you like, but I think the spicier this dish is, the better.
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces cavatappi
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup French fried onions
- Preheat the oven 350°F. Lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet with the bacon fat and cook until golden on all sides.
- Drain the excess fat from the pan. Add the evaporated milk, ranch mix, and hot sauce to the pan and stir. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Add 1 ½ cups of the cheddar cheese and the bacon and stir until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and the fried onions. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve.