Whenever I see a freshly baked muffin at the bakery or coffee shop, I'm always tempted to buy it, just to enjoy that fluffy muffin top! I love these cookies because they take advantage of the best part of the muffin (that soft, billowy top) and are topped with a sweet citrus glaze.
- 1 (16.9-ounce) box blueberry muffin mix
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large bowl, combine muffin mix, oats, vegetable oil, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, egg, and half and half. Stir together until soft dough forms. Do not overmix. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Form dough into 12 to 15 even piles on prepared baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking. Remove and let cool.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter and lemon juice in small bowl. Add half and half until mixture reaches your desired consistancy. Drizzle on top of the cooled cookies and serve!