I love this as a hot appetizer as well as a dinner topping! Make it for a crowd and save what’s left for dinner the next day. Just top a grilled chicken breast with the dip, and it will melt on top like butter to make a fun, new weeknight flavor. Serve with slices of baguette, chips, or crackers.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 packet dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray. Coarsely chop the artichokes and place them in a medium bowl.
- Place the spinach in a colander and press with a spoon to remove excess moisture, then transfer to a clean non-terry cloth kitchen towel and roll and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Add the dried spinach into the bowl with the artichokes, then add all but 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, the mayonnaise, mozzarella, Italian dressing mix, and garlic. Stir to combine, then spread in the prepared pie plate.
- Top with the reserved Parmesan and bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned and heated through. Serve.