Pregnant ladies unite! Jealous of that frozen trendy drink that has popped up in every bar, restaurant, and social media post this summer? We can enjoy frose (frozen rose) too! Well, without the alcohol that is. Here is my new favorite recipe for the delicious summer drink!
I discovered Fre, a non-alcoholic wine, and I have loved using it to make mocktails! Instead of Rose, I used Fre's White Zinfandel to create my version of Frose! With its delicate rose color and luscious taste, this alcohol-removed White Zinfandel has a fragrant strawberry and cranberry aroma which leads to a refreshing ripe berry flavor followed by a pleasant, lingering finish.
Non-Alcoholic Frose’(Frozen Rose’)
15 minutes plus 6 hours or overnight freeze time
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons grenadine
1 ounce lime juice
1 bottle Fre White Zinfindel
1. In a blender or food processor pulse the strawberries, sugar, orange juice, grenadine and lime juice until smooth.
2. Place a large gallon size freezer bag into a plastic or glass dish then pour the wine into the bag then add the strawberry mixture. Stir to blend.
3. Seal the bag closed and place into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
4. Scoop the frozen rose’ into a blender or food processor adding a bit of non-frozen rose’ and blend into a slushy smooth consistency.
5. Pour into chilled glasses and serve.
For more delightful details and inspiration for hosting a baby shower, click here!