There’s not always time to prepare a fancy dish for dessert. When you’ve got a roast in the slow cooker and mashed potatoes on the stovetop and the phone’s ringing in the other room, 2-ingredient desserts like these can feel like a real lifesaver.
One sheet pie crust that makes a 9-inch pie, thawed
15 chocolate almond kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place the pie crust on a lightly floured surface and using a pizza wheel, slice into approximately 16 sections, about 2-inch squares.
- Place one chocolate almond kiss in the center of each section.
- Using your fingertips, seal the dough at the top to fully contain the kiss.
- Place the mound on the prepared baking sheet; repeat with the remaining crust sections and kisses until gone.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes, or until the crust is just set and done; puffs firm up as they cool.
- Allow the puffs to cool on the baking tray for about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Puffs will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature or in the freezer for up to 4 months.