The sweetest dessert for your Valentine! Make a giant cookie jam packed with M&Ms and assorted chocolate hearts. A slice of this cookie, with a slightly gooey center, sure beats a card!
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups Valentine's day M&M's
1 cup assorted chocolate hearts (I used peanut butter hearts, cookies & cream hearts, and crunchy candy hearts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9" pie plate with Pam.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer add the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar; beat well until combined. Beat in the egg, egg yolks, and vanilla. Add in the flour, cornstarch, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in the M&M's and chopped hearts.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Top with additional chocolate hearts.
- Bake for 38 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, the edges are completely set, and the center of the pie is only slightly jiggly.
- Place pie on a wire rack to cool for at least one hour before slicing and serving.