Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite types of cookies—especially in the winter when cinnamon is at the peak of its popularity. I usually like to add a bit of whipped cream and extra cinnamon on top to really wrap up the flavor. But more importantly, you can make this cake so quickly. Perfect if you are in the mood for cake but do not want all the work and mess!
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon of the cinnamon until completely combined. Blend in the milk, butter, and vanilla until the batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
- Scoop a spoonful of batter into a large, microwave-safe mug, then sprinkle with a spoonful of cinnamon sugar. Alternate layers, ending with the cinnamon sugar.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until it puffs up.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.