Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
This is a great spicy chili for this cold winter season! You can build your preferred spice level in chili in a few different ways. You can mix in jalapeños, add various spices like red pepper flakes and chili seasoning, or incorporate different sauces, like Buffalo wing sauce. A unique twist on the traditional!
Yield: Serves 6–8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6–8 hours on Low
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles, for garnish
- In a sauté pan, quickly brown the chicken on all sides. The chicken will not be fully cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a 6-quart slow cooker and add the beans, tomatoes, broth, wing sauce, ranch dressing mix, corn, garlic, and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the block of cream cheese on top of everything and cover. Cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally to combine the cheese into the soup.
- Ladle into bowls and serve topped with blue cheese crumbles