This weekend is MOTHER'S DAY! My first, and I am feeling so incredibly thankful, lucky, blessed, and giddy to be a mom celebrating. I love this book, My Mom is Magical, and hope that you do to! Here is a sweet cake popper for you to make this weekend!
- 1 cake mix (plus ingredients needed to make the cake mix)
- 1 can frosting
- 32 ounces candy melts or coating
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make the cake according to package instructions
- Place cooled cake in bowl.
- Add frosting. Turn the mixer on low and beat the frosting and cake crumbles together until combined.
- Measure 1 Tablespoon of moist cake mixture and roll into a ball. Place balls on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
- Re-roll the chilled balls to smooth out, if needed. Place back into the fridge as you'll only work with a couple at a time.
- Melt the chocolate coating.
- Remove only 2-3 cake balls from the refrigerator at a time. Dip a lollipop stick about 1/2 inch into the coating, then insert into the center or the cake ball. Only push it about halfway through the cake ball. Dip the cake ball into the coating until it is completely covered.
- Decorate the top with sprinkles and place upright
- Repeat with remaining cake balls, only working with some out of the refrigerator at a time.
- Coating will set within an hour. Store cake pops in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.