I LOVE pickles and when I found out how easy it was to make them, I was hooked! The perfect summer snack, hostess gift, and party favor. Tie a bow on and you are good to go! Oh, and seriously the recipe takes about ten minutes!
- 10-12 pickling cucumbers
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- big bunch of dill
- 1 head of garlic skins removed, cloves smashed (less if its a strong garlic)
- 10 peppercorn kernels
1. To make brine, combine water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil and swirl to make sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices and place in glass jars. Do not pack super tightly, we will need room for the brine! Add the fresh dill, smashed garlic, and peppercorns to the jars.
3. Finish by adding enough brine to cover the cucumbers. Seal with an airtight lid and store in the refrigerator for at least one week. Pickles should be good for at least 4-6 weeks after that.