Will we ever feel that warm spring weather?! Well, perhaps not outside, but in our kitchen, we are bringing in the spring spirit and color thanks to Green Giant® Carrot Veggie Spirals™! Martha Stewart Living and Green Giant® Veggie Spirals™ asked if I could get creative in the kitchen with “coodles” (carrot noodles) and put a twist on a healthy, crowd-pleasing “pasta dish”. I was up for the challenge, but it only took one taste to realize that it was not challenging at all because Green Giant® Carrot Veggie Spirals™ are so versatile, so delicious, and the options are endless!
Green Giant® Carrot Veggie Spirals™ are an exciting new take on noodles and I can’t get enough of them. Forget the spiralizer, these spiral-shaped vegetables are the perfect alternative to pasta and the fastest way to make spiralized veggies in your kitchen without the prep and mess. As a chef and new mom, I want to eat great food that tastes homemade but I also want to spend as much precious time as possible with my little boy. I am always on the hunt for new products that taste just as good as something made from scratch, but with far less work involved. I am very pleased to say that Green Giant has found a way to replace the work (and the carbs) in one of my favorite dishes. That’s right, I said it, the carbs! Like I said, I am a new mom, and not only am I on the hunt to find more time to snuggle with my little one, but I am also very pleased if I can cut calories without compromising flavor! It is safe to say that this new product meets the test.
Spiralized directly from fresh carrots, with no sauce or seasoning added, Green Giant® Carrot Veggie Spirals™ are 100% vegetables, ready for sautéing, steaming, and baking, and as delicious as they are healthy! Green Giant® Carrot Veggie Spirals™ are naturally sweet and pair well with just about everything from sweet to savory and so that is why I love making this Coodle Pasta with Avocado Dressing, Honey Glazed Tofu and Cherry Tomatoes. You can eat this as a main course or serve as a side dish. Perfect for lunch, dinner or an afternoon snack.
- Green Giant® Carrot Veggie Spirals™
- 1 avocado
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 package of tofu, large diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large chef pan, steam Green Giant® Veggie Spirals™ according to package instructions.
- While steaming Green Giant® Veggie Spirals™, make avocado cucumber sauce.
- Combine avocado, cucumber, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- In separate saucepan sauté the tofu with olive oil and honey.
- When Green Giant® Veggie Spirals™ are done steaming add in the avocado sauce with zucchini. Add the tofu. Stir to combine with silicone tongs. Add in cherry tomatoes.
- Garnish with micro-greens (optional).
Be sure to try all four varieties of Green Giant® Veggie Spirals™ (Zucchini, Butternut Squash, Beets and Carrots). They are gluten free and boast 65% to 90% fewer calories than the leading brand of pasta. This is a sponsored post by Martha Stewart Living and Green Giant® Veggie Spirals™. All thoughts expressed are my own.