Today is Alex's birthday! We had a lot to celebrate on Father's day this year, as it was his first, so I was not sure what to do for his birthday, just a month-ish later! The one thing I knew we needed, was a cake! And this, is a crazy cake!
Funfetti Chocolate Caramel Cake
· 2 Boxes of Funfetti Cake Mix + ingredients to make the cake (6 eggs, 1 cup vegetable oil and 2 cups water)
· 2 sticks of butter
· ¼ cup chocolate syrup
· 1 bag of powdered sugar
· ¼ cup milk
· ¼ cup caramel syrup
· 1 cup sprinkles
1. Make Funfetti cakes according to package.
2. Pour into three 8-inch round cake pans, lightly coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until brown around the edges and when you giggle the pan the cake is set in the middle.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, make frosting!
6. Combine butter, chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, and milk in the bowl of a stand mixer.
7. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and continue to mix until well combined.
8. When cake is cooled, place one layer on a plate or cake stand. Using a serrated knife cut off the top to even it. You want to remove that sloped top so the next layer lays flat.
9. Lightly spread with frosting and drizzle with half of your caramel sauce.
10. Top with next layer and repeat until all three layers are stacked.
11. Frost the entire cake with remaining chocolate frosting.
12. Top with sprinkles!
Photo is garnished with macarons and cake toppers (from Hobby Lobby). Optional.